Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Going Away Card..

Sometimes cards are really hard to make because they are not about something happy or fun.. Such was the case with this card that I made. I will admit that I am in a "bit" of denial that a very dear friend of mine is moving away.  The good news is that she is not leaving the country or even going to the opposite side of the country.   The bad news is that she and her husband are moving and will be six hours away instead of five minutes.  I don't want to have to think about "goodbye".   So I made the card about friendship..... and life.  It made it a little easier and lighter on my heart.

I found this beautiful Irish blessing that inspired the rest of the card.  It was difficult to get a good picture of the foiling - I am still working on mastering that, but I used the FoilMaster from That's Scrap and foiled the text on marbled vellum in bronze foil on the inside greeting.  The outside of the card was also foiled in bronze



The card front is a file from Mamaw's Legacy. She is no longer creating files, but she made some beautiful ones a few years ago...



And I finally got the courage to try one of  the rose files from my dear friend, Penny of Penny Duncan Creations.  She always leaves me in awe with her creativity and vision.  I had tried one of her roses about a year ago and it was a dismal failure, but I was determined to try again.  Here are some of the cuts with my Silver Bullet Professional.


 And I did it!! It looks nothing like Penny's, not near as perfect or beautiful, but at least it resembles a flower and it was actually fun once I started to get the hang of it. It is clear that I have a lot of practice ahead of me to get a better grasp of this skill, but I am so glad I persevered. It was a lesson in what you really can do when you set your mind to something, and I was determined to make my own roses for this most special friend.



She is leaving in a week which makes me sad, but she and her husband are coming back to town in two months for a gala we are both working on so I am just focusing on when I will see her again. And there are already several of us talking about excursions to see them..... I think half of Oceanside is planning trips to visit them in their new home.

So I am going to focus on that butterfly and let the love in my heart fly freely with them and bring us all joy and gratitude for the time we had together and the adventures yet to come...





"Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life.  And everyone deserves a little sunshine."  ~Jeffrey Glassberg Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment