Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Banana Blueberry Lemon Muffins

I know... it's almost too good to be true to have all of those ingredients playing together in one recipe.  And they do so really well!!

I am not particularly found of "regular" bananas. I will eat them in fruit salad or throw them in a smoothie, but if I want a piece of fruit, it's never a banana I reach for.

However, I absolutely LOVE them in breads and muffins and any other baked concoction. Strange I know, but true! And I had quite a few very ripe bananas (that usually end up in the freezer for smoothies), big beautiful blueberries that I had picked up at Trader Joe's, and my ever faithful lemons!  So I was ready to tackle this recipe.  Banana Blueberry Lemon Muffins

It was super easy to put together and the results were great.  The banana was definitely the predominate flavor, but also led to the extreme moistness of the muffin.  The only change I made to the recipe was to put the lemon rind INTO the batter rather than on top.  Then I just topped the muffins with sparkling sugar!!



Is your mouth watering?? You can see the berries bursting!!


These two muffins made their way to my neighbor!!


And of course I had to sample one!!


It needed a LOT of sampling!! YUM!
Pin It Now!

About Me

My photo

I am a mother to three and Grammy to two beautiful granddaughters and one very handsome little grandson.  Was born and raised in southern California and am happy to call it home.  I fill my days with volunteer work, paper crafting, needlework of all kinds and cooking and baking.   I am blessed with wonderful family and friends who fill my heart on a daily basis.