Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fruit for Forty!!!

Not too long ago, a neighborhood friend was having a party for 40 (+) to say goodbye to some dear friends who are moving away - the same ones mentioned in the "Going Away Card" post.

I was asked to do a fruit platter for 40 - something I have never done.  And it's quite obvious when you see all of the fruit I bought!!!  And yes, quite a bit of that fruit never made it to the platter, but quite a bit did!! LOL!


Suffice to say all of the containers of cut up fruit that I took to refill the platter were never used and I ate fruit for as long as it lasted and shared it with anyone who got within 20 feet of my front door!! Lesson learned!

But. the surprise in all of this was the fruit dip I made. It was a new recipe and it called for Kahlua, but I made it with Amaretto and it was sooooo incredibly good.  And one of the best things is that it can be made the night before!!



FABULOUS FRUIT DIP

(adapted from Cooks.com)

1 small (8 oz.) container of French Vanilla Cool Whip
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened (the lower fat version works well)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4-6 Tbsp. Amaretto (to taste!)

Cream the cream cheese. Cool Whip and powdered sugar with a spoon until well blended.  Add the Amaretto until the dip has the right consistency - and taste!  Beat with a whisk until smooth.

Dip may be made ahead and keeps well in the refrigerator for a week or more.  Make the night before to allow the flavors to blend well.

I actually made enough dip for two platters (and then some!)/  There were strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and nectarines on a smaller platter that was on the dessert table.  I forgot to take a picture as we were rushing out the door!

(TIP:  I cut the nectarines in chunks several hours in advance and tossed them in a small amount of orange pineapple juice.  They stayed nice and bright - no browning - and the juice did not change the taste of the nectarines at all - it was wonderful!)


And it adds the perfect touch to any fruit display.  Enjoy!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment