The mat was placed over a colored sheet of paper so the designs would be more visible.
The positive is on the left, the negative pieces on the right.
This file is from Birds Cards. She has some great files for anyone who loves to make cards. And I was able to cut a square of double sided adhesive from All That Jazz to pull up the negative pieces for the glitter application. But first things first...... the main image....is cut from Paper Temptress mica paper, dotted with Viva Decor pearls in the center of each flower (those are so easy to make and fun) and then I cheated and used a Prima flower that I had in my stash for the center. I have so many flowers to use up that I am trying to make a concerted effort to use them . I like the colors of the card - the patterned paper is from Echo Park (I think). I had several out and lost track when I finally settled on one. I need to pay more attention.
Here is the cut file again showing the frame on the right and the pieces on the left,
with the double sided adhesive placed on top.
And finally, the frame on the card base on the left with the double sided adhesive covered in glitter with the negative on the right.
The negative card or reverse image was sprinkled with Ritz lilac glitter onto the double sided adhesive. The center flowers are from the Calendar Series at Ducky's Designs and were cut out of two shades of the mica paper from Paper Temptress. Yes I use that paper a lot. I love how it cuts and there is something about the subtle shimmer that glimmers on the card. It just makes me smile.
These are two of the upcoming birthday cards. There will be more to come in the days ahead. I have a lot of family occasions hitting in October so hope my motivation doesn't run out before I finish.
Pin It Now!