Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Amazingly EASY Peach Cobbler

I love it when I find something that is so incredibly easy AND good.  I really like to try to bake as much as I can from scratch. But there are times when there just isn't the time or the energy to take those extra steps.  So when I ran across this recipe I was more than willing to give it a try, and it was unbelievably easy and surprisingly good.

I will admit to having my fair share of cake mixes stored away in the pantry that I have picked up on sale. There is always a need for something quick and easy, and I have all of the Cake Mix Doctor cookbooks that put this supply to good use.  It is always comforting to have a back up plan , right?

So this recipe was not only easy, but delicious, and I imagine you could easily substitute apples or any combination of berries.



Oops - forgot the blueberries in the picture!

SUPER EASY PEACH COBBLER


There is actually very little that I changed with this recipe because when there are only FOUR ingredients, there isn't much leeway!

1 box cake mix (I used Butter Golden)
1 (12-oz can) diet Seven-Up
4-5  cups fresh peaches, chunked
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 TBSP cinnamon-sugar

Peel and slice fresh peaches into chunks. Place into a 13x9 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Scatter the blueberries over the top of the peaches.



Step 1 - add the fruit!


Sprinkle the dry cake mix directly on top of peaches. Use a spoon or rubber spatula to gently press the cake mix down into the fruit.

Pour the can of soda on top of the cake mix,, making sure to cover the cake mix completely. It will bubble up and look rather inedible!



The Seven-Up is foaming!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Do not preheat earlier because you want to give the cobbler time to sit and bubble and just be!

Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar on top of the soda. It will pop some of the bubbles, but it will still be very runny on top.



Adorned with cinnamon-sugar.


Bake cobber for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping! 





The smell of this right out of the oven is heavenly!



Yum!!  You can leave the whipped cream off
and eat it for breakfast too!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment