Sunday, April 26, 2015

He CAN'T be FORTY!!!!



Today my oldest son, Scott,  is FORTY YEARS OLD.  How can that be??  If I am not getting older, how can he??

We celebrated his birthday on Saturday with his wife, adorable new son, and his brother, Robert.  It was a fun time sharing dinner and just good family time together.

I made beef stroganoff in the pressure cooker (my Instant Pot - love it!), noodles, grilled asparagus, croissants and homemade cheesecake ice cream and homemade lemon cookie gelato. (see the photo below!)  I had not made stroganoff in ages, but it was fun to experiment and it was an unusually cool day here so it was perfect weather for that kind of a meal... (stroganoff recipe to follow soon!)


In lieu of birthday cake, I made lemon cookie gelato.
Scott said it was the best gelato ever - even the ones he had in Italy!
Made my night <<BIG smile!>>

The birthday card file is from Dominc (Crafty Vectors) and I so love how his files cut. The shell is pretty symbolic to both of us - my parents lived fairly close to the beach and my children spend a lot of time at their home when they were young.  And I have been longing for more time at the ocean lately, so it seemed like the perfect image to share with Scott. He loved the card.


Dominic's shell file - love the intricacy of it...


The file with two different backgrounds to give it a finished look...

But more important than all of that is thinking back to forty years ago and as trite as it sounds, it does seem like yesterday.  Scott was my first child and I was practically a child when I had him  (very early 20s). I always say he turned out well in spite of me.  I made a lot of mistakes along the way, but the one thing that was always constant was my love for him.  And forty years later, it is only stronger.  I am so very proud of the man that he has become. And watching him with his wife and baby son just makes my heart skip a beat! He is really living the life he is meant to live and isn't that what we want for our children... for them to be happy and content and fulfilled?

One of the highlights was capturing Scott and Carter having quite the conversation!  This looks like contentment to me...


Scott didn't change his position much, but Carter was certainly animated...

I  feel very blessed and look forward to the adventures we have ahead of us.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY , DEAR SCOTT!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment