Saturday, April 4, 2015

Carter's First Easter



How can it be time for Easter already?  It is really catching me by surprise.
I know my new grandson could care less right now that his Grammy spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find just the right pattern for his card, but he will learn soon enough that I have to find "just the right look" for every card I make.  And I had every intention of doing some sort of bunny rabbit, but instead, this little Easter mouse caught my attention.  It was really fun to do since I had a chance to play with different papers and textures and  think it's pretty cute!


This little mouse is on foam tape as is the top of the basket to give it a little dimension.
The pattern is from Treasure Box Designs.  The grass design is from Birds Cards.
I imagine when Carter has his first Easter egg hunt, there will be eggs hiding in the grass, 
much like these!


The papers are from Paper Temptress. I love the gray ruche paper for the mouse.  I added some chalk on the ears and feet the texture of the paper took it well.  The basket was embossed and then chalked as well.


I know he has no clue that it's Easter or what that even means, but I look forward to having many years ahead to share in the fun and joy of this most special day with him.



Happy Easter!!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment