Saturday, April 25, 2015

70th Celebration

I have a dear friend who turned the big 7-0 a few weeks ago.  I was struggling with what kind of card to make for him as I knew it was not the easiest decade for him to step into....... so I let his love of wine take over the inspiration.

I had found a file online ages ago (if I can remember who to give credit for this wine card, I certainly will) and had it sitting in my rather vast SVG collection. It is a good thing that these files only take up storage on the computer and not my craft room or I would have to curtail collecting -  perish the thought!

This was with  the satin silver on gold tape....
I struggles with capturing the colors on this so I apologize for the blue background - 
it was difficult to capture

Anyway......... the rest of this became simple.  I added embellishments from the SCAL library, used my Brother labeler to add a touch of personalization to the wine, and of course the papers are from Paper Temptress.

And it was a success - he loved the card! :)


The cork was embossed with a mesh embossing folder and flipped over so the deboss side shows...


Here is to many more birthdays (and bottles of wine to celebrate!)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment