Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Birthday Greeting

When I have to make a card for a December birthday, I want to make it reflect the time of year (wintery) without screaming "Christmas".  Anyone celebrating a birthday during this festive and hectic time of year deserves to have a card that is not holiday based - at least that is how I feel.

Simple pine tree cut in three layers
I shifted the colors a little just so you could see the detail in the snowflakes and the frosty film effect.

This design is from Miss Kate's Cuttables.  The winter pine tree (that came with the additional snowflakes) was one of her free designs during the month of December and I love how it turned out using papers from Paper Temptress.  The snowflakes were cut from the Tim Holtz Frosty Film.  It cut much like vinyl - is very light and sparkly and I love the effect it gave the card.  I don't know if this product is still made, but I am so glad I got several of them a year or so ago.  Yes sometimes it takes me a while to use what I have!




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment