Saturday, December 13, 2014

Copycat Feta Dill Dressing

I have been a fan of the Litehouse OPA dressings since they came out, especially the blue cheese and the feta dill.  My dear neighbor gave me a "healthy" recipe for blue cheese dressing and Greek yogurt that is fabulous, so I thought I would use that as a base for trying the feta dill.  I didn't nail it yet, but it's close.  The best part is that it is super healthy, no preservatives, and amazingly easy.  Took about 5 minutes to mix all of the ingredients and it just tasted so fresh.


Fresh dill and parsley from my garden...


Chopped herbs and feta cheese


It's that easy to mix it up


Full disclosure - you have to be a fan of feta cheese to like this dressing - there is no disguising the taste, but I happen to love it.  I am not a big goat cheese fan - I know - **shock** - I have tried it every which way and just cannot jump on that bandwagon yet.  I keep trying...... and then regretting it!  But feta cheese is another story - I am all in on that one.  And brie... and just about every other cheese, but I digress.

This salad dressing is one of those things that is best made at least a few hours before you are going to use it so the flavors can meld. It was better the next day and even better the day after that!  I also love that it doesn't make a lot so for those who are  not feeding a huge family, it won't end up down the drain because you couldn't use it in time!  I would definitely make this again and am eager to try the blue cheese version next.



Love using the square canning jars for storing....

Feta Dill Dressing

adapted from Honest Fare

2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1 c. whole or nonfat Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 -2 tsp. white vinegar (I used tarragon vinegar) (optional)
1-2  tsp. chopped fresh dill
1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
1/4 tsp. sea salt
garlic powder to taste
onion powder to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients well.  Let it sit for at least a few hours before serving.  The flavors are enhanced with time.



I think this is my new favorite dressing.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment