Sunday, December 7, 2014

Baby Shower Banner - Part One!

I finally had a chance to get a little bit crafty a week or so ago.  I haven't been able to share it because it was a project for my daughter in law's (Megan's) baby shower.  It is so hard for me to believe that their precious little bundle will be here the  middle of February - that is just around the corner!  But today was the day for her friends and family to gather round and celebrate so now I can share!!

Megan's sister asked if I could make a decorative "banner" for the baby shower.  The colors were very classic - black, white and gold per the invitation. It was very simple and understated with a single gold heart.


So here was the inspiration - the invitation (clearly there was more on the invitation
 but I masked personal information - thanks to PicMonkey - love that online editing program!)
The editing altered the "white" a little but trust me , it was classy!

They were staying away from colors because "you can just have so much yellow and green" (per Megan) and Megan and Scott are waiting until the baby enters this world to find out if it's a boy or a girl. So below is what I created to help add to the festivities of the day.  I am so happy with how it turned out. (see the last photo in this post).


Here is a sampling of the different papers used with the lettering.  Honestly, I fell in love with this project as it came together.  What was in my head translated well to paper - that is rarely the case!

The design is from Birds Cards and is one of her pennant designs.  After I chose it I realized why it jumped out at me - it looks a little like a baby bib! (ok - use your imagination!!) So I had some Recollections printed paper from Michael's in all sorts of black and white patterns and used that to accent the gold letters that were cut out of smooth gold glittered card stock. And the hearts were cut out of holographic gold card stock.  I had some black and gold cording that I ran through the openings in the open scalloped border and it seemed to tie it all together.  I was eager to see how it looked actually hanging up in the house.

The shower was held in the home of a very dear friend and it was not only decorated beautifully for the holidays, but the touched of black, gold and white on the tables were absolutely stunning.  It was a truly elegant setting.


As you entered the home you could see the "baby banner" on the wall.


So beautifully decorated for a Christmas baby shower!


Note the simple elegance of the gold chairs, striped table runners, 
gold chargers, white and clear plates - perfection!

It was a truly lovely morning spent celebrating the pending arrival of this already much loved baby. After today, I think they have most of the needed essentials to help them enjoy every minute of this new adventure!


And I heard tonight that this baby banner will be hanging in the nursery awaiting the arrival. 
That makes me smile.......



In the next few days I will post the two cards I made that accompanied the gifts.
It feels good to be crafting again. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment