Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Heavenly Hawaiian Bread - OMG!!!




I have to admit have been eyeing this recipe for a long time. I love the light sweetness of Hawaiian bread, rolls - you name it.  It is always so tender and fluffy and just plain wonderful - not to mention irresistible. 

I think I was almost afraid to try this recipe because I was afraid that my efforts would fall short of my expectations.  Oh why did I wait this l long?!?  This turned out fabulous and blew my expectations right out of the water.

This recipe makes 3 beautiful round loaves or 2 loaves and about a dozen large dinner rolls.  I can just imagine devoting this entire recipe to Thanksgiving dinner rolls.  It would be so perfect for a hungry crowd and definitely memorable.  YUM!!

Homemade Hawaiian Bread

adapted from Butter with a Side of Bread

6 cups flour (I used bread flour and it worked just fine) and 1/2-1 cup additional flour
3 c. pineapple juice
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. ginger or apple pie spice (I was out of ginger so chose the apple pie spice)
1 t. vanilla
2 pkg. Red Star platinum baking yeast
1 stick butter, melted

Beat eggs lightly, then add pineapple juice, sugar, spice, vanilla and melted butter.  Stir until combined.

Place 3 c. flour into a stand mixer (I love my Bosch for kneading bread) and add the egg mixture and mix until well combined.  Sprinkle in the yeast and mix well.  Add the other 3 c. flour and mix on low speed for about 2-3 minutes.  (**it was a rainy day when I made this, so I needed an extra 1/2 cup here to help the dough hold together. you may not need it - just go by the feel of your dough).  It was still a very soft dough.

Once kneaded, place the dough into a large greased bowl, cover with a clean cloth and let rise for an hour in a warm place.  I have a proof setting on my oven so I use that for all bread recipes - it works perfectly.



The dough after its first "rising"

Remove the risen dough from the bowl and knead in an additional 1/2 cup flour just until combined.  Divide the dough into thirds, shape into a ball and place each into a greased cake pan.  Cover with the cloth and let the dough rise for another hour.


Dough after kneading


Divided into thirds

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Brush with melted butter to give it a beautiful sheen and taste.



Perfectly baked - pre-butter glaze


After the butter glaze - is your mouth watering yet???


And the scrumptious pan of rolls!  I think I need another one......NOW!



You will want to make this again... and again... and again...!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment