Thursday, November 10, 2016

Happy Halloween and Sweet Sixteen! (a late share!)



This card was one of the most fun I have made in a very long time - and totally out of my comfort zone - as far as themes!!!  But this is what my oldest granddaughter loves, and with her birthday falling the day before Halloween, I have always tried to tie the two occasions together. I was stumped this year because I thought it was time to leave Halloween behind and just focus on her sweet sixteen birthday, but her Mom came to the rescue with this idea and it all fell together.


Here is the initial result using a file from SVG Cutting Files.  The cardstock
is a smooth glittered paper from American Crafts (both the black and silver glittered paper)
and I decorated the skull with a variety of gemstones. The hard part is knowing when to stop!


To add a feminine touch to the skull, a Prima flower from my stash
was accented with Distress inks to complement the card base.


                             The Happy Sweet 16 greeting is drawn in the SCAL software with the pen tool.
A label was drawn around that and then the whole thing was shadow cut. 
The pen tool makes it so easy to write whatever you want.


The final touch of the gemstone eyes was honestly so much fun and seemed to give this card and image so much character.  The best part is that she thought it was "super cool" and loved it. That makes every bit of work SO worth it!! 

Happy Sweet 16, Kendra!













Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment