Wednesday, August 17, 2016

More Summer Cards...


Seems like I have been making a lot of cards lately and trying to stretch my creativity while using what I have.  Now that the craft room is semi-organized, it makes finding things much easier and am trying to push myself out of my "comfort zone".  It's been fun to try new things and am going to continue to push myself to do learn new things.  It makes it much more fun to see what happens, especially when I don't over plan the card.  Am trying to let it develop as I go and really like these two, totally different cards!


This is a simple card - used dotted strips from Gina K, foiled them in blue and
cut and attached as borders.  Embossed vellum creates the background to the
"Celebrate" message from Miss Kate's Cuttables. Papers are from Paper Temptress.


Another shot of that shiny foil - love the look!


Another card using embossed vellum as the background (so easy).
This flower is from a stencil drawing and I used some iridescent papers (made by Folio - 5x5" squares that I have had for some time.)
They change colors depending on how the light hits them, which
explains the difference in color in the pics. Definitely hard to photograph!


I added pop dots on the flower to give it more interest and dimension.



I love trying new things and pushing out of my comfort zone.  Have more cards to post just as soon as I get the photos edited.  It's been a great month for card making and I hope it continues as I have more to accomplish!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment