Friday, August 26, 2016

And More Summer Cards...

Sometimes a card is needed "just because".  So these two cards, each very different, were created just because I wanted to say, "I care..."

This anchor is from Miss Kate's Cuttables.  Her daily freebies are great.
You can see the intricacy of the rope cut in this design - it is so thin yet cut perfectly.

The first card is all about encouragement.  "Hope Anchors the Soul".  I love that saying and it is so true.  Without hope, what do we really have?  With hope, we have the grounding to move on  - the anchor we all need during difficult times in our lives.


I kept this card simple because I wanted the message to be
the focal point.  I just added simple silver brads, cut off, to give it
a bit of interest and texture.

This is for a family member who has been heroically fighting a battle against cancer and she is winning battle after battle. I  have no doubt she will be victorious in this war and I just wanted to remind her that there are a lot of us hoping and praying for her and her family.  She has been an inspiration to all of us.

----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----

Have you been tempted to try any of the fascinating and intricate coloring books for adults that are dominating the craft world?   I know they pop up on my Amazon recommended list weekly and I have been intrigued, but have resisted..  I think I am waiting for the "perfect" time and have been feeling a little funny about coloring at my age!  Oh, I have been so wrong to not dive right in!  The coloring cards and panels made by Gina K Designs totally changed my mind and I am SO glad!.  They come in a set of 10 - 5 different patterns, so you have 2 of each design.  They are laser printed so you can foil them and/or color them with any medium you choose.  I chose this one and I cannot tell you how much enjoyment I received from just taking my time and coloring.



  I used the Spectrum Noir markers and found it totally relaxing and addicting.  I didn't have any idea what colors I wanted to use - I just knew I wanted it to be bright and cheery and I think I achieved that.  I just love this.  I highlighted some of the black detail with a crystal gel pen to give it a little shimmer in the light, and backed the card panel with complementary colors (Paper Temptress Mica card stock of course!)  I honestly cannot wait to do another one.


If you like this design, you can see more of Gina K and
her creativity here.


With all of the line art on the internet, it would not be difficult to make your own, but I love the way Gina K put all of the artsy elements together.  I hope my dear friend felt the love that went into this card.  I hope it made her feel special.

That's it for now. I still have a couple of birthday cards to make before the month is over - phew! 








Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment