Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July Birthday Cards.....two for one!



I have had these done for weeks but somehow the time just got away from me. Such is life these days in the crazy making lane - too much to do and not enough time to do it.  I know - I think everyone can relate to that as I am hearing it everywhere.  It seems like things usually slow down a little in the summer, but for whatever reason, that isn't happening this summer!  I have never been busier!

So....... when it came time to make birthday cards for two special friends who share a birthday, is it a big surprise to admit to being late in delivering the cards? (in fact they are still here - shameful ....)  I hope "it's the thought that counts" will still apply even if they are pathetically tardy.  Hoping I can rationalize by saying I just wanted to extend the birthday celebration! :)

So....... this is a super easy and versatile file from Birds Cards  The card with the celebrate trio is the original file.  Instead of putting the detail in the paper behind the "celebrate" I made the cut out fun with the Brushos mix of Turquoise and Lemon on watercolor paper. I really like those two colors together.  Then I took the cut out of one of them, created a shadow layer, and made the second card with a butterfly embellishment file. Both were relatively simple, fun, full of happy colors, and have a little bling to add some sparkle to the birthday theme!


Butterfly is from Mamaw's Legacy, embellished with black pearls





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment