Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Skinny Banana Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins - Low Sugar

It's muffin time again.  I know that the fresh fruit of summer will be gone soon, so I want to take advantage of every tantalizing combination that I can!

My bananas have been ripening faster than I can use them, so this recipe was the perfect one to pair my mushy bananas and super sweet and LARGE raspberries!  My neighbor loved the combination so much that she made the recipe using white chocolate chips.  That was a great change and I will do that next time (see picture at the bottom!)





SKINNY RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS - low sugar


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. Splenda brown sugar blend
1 cup mashed banana (about three medium bananas)
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Yoplait honey vanilla)
1 egg, beaten (I use x-lge)
3/4 cup milk (I used 1/2 cup vanilla coconut milk & 1/4 cup Coffeemate GS Caramel & Coconut Creamer)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used a combination of dark and milk chocolate chips)
 1 3/4 cups fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 325.  Spray regular muffin tin with non cooking spray.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.  Set aside.

In another bowl, whisk the honey and Splenda brown sugar blend together. It will be VERY thick.  Add the mashed bananas, yogurt and beaten egg. Gently pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold them all together. It will be very thick.  Add the milk slowly and continue to gently fold the ingredients together. The milk will thin the batter a little.  Then fold in the chocolate chips.  Finally fold in the raspberries just until blended so they don't crush and turn the batter red!  Overmixing will cause tough muffins.

Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups.  Fill them to the top.  Sprinkle the tops with sparkling sugar if desired.

Bake for 17-18 minutes or until golden brown.. Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack.



 These are chock full of raspberries and chocolate.  The flavor combination is soooooo good!



Sparkling sugar makes everything better!


Brimming with raspberries. You can see the steam on the plate!




Spotlight on this muffin with the white chocolate chips.
I love all of the photo editing you can do with Pic Monkey.

Enjoy!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment