Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Needing Sympathy Cards :(

Unfortunately I have had to make two sympathy cards of late.  Both were beloved long standing members of our area who helped make it a better place to live.  God bless them and their families.

I went for simple cards... used a stencil design that was turned into a cut file and even though not planned, the negative image from the cutout turned into the perfect second card.

I did learn a trick when transferring the pieces of the cross (on the right below) so I wouldn't have to move each individual part as I have always done.  I took some of my transfer tape and placed it over the image, brayered it and slowly pulled it off. I was  a bit worried that the paper would adhere to the tape and not release, but the tape held just enough to let me align it to the silver shadow after coating the back of the cross with glue, and then I adhered it to the shadow piece and very gently pulled the tape off.    I am so glad I learned this little trick. It will make piecing complicated designs so much easier!!



Positive and negative cut images.


The stenciled cross with a silver shadow under it to show the detail.


A damask embossing folder enhancing the Paper Temptress luster paper.


The negative (leftover) image after the cross pieces were removed


Finished card with the original image on pop dots.  I love the embossed background.


The second card -  love the simplicity of it


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment