Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lacé Birthday Card

I am still on a Dutch paper crafting kick. There is SO much I want to do and not enough hours in the day...

I have two friends with birthdays on the same day next week.  So I am trying to get a head start on the cards.  Again my inspiration came from files from Penny Duncan Creations.  This woman is so darned creative and I am so lucky to also call her a friend, so it's double fun when I borrow some of her talent to help me design a card!

Lacé (pronounced law-say) originated in Europe (they come up with so many cool things) and is also called "cut 'n fold" here in the US.  Whichever way you say it - it is so much fun I started doing this decades ago when there were no cutting machines, only metal templates, and you had to cut each angle with an exacto knife.  I cannot believe I had that much patience then, because I don't think I have it anymore!  I must have used it all up back then!  LOL  This process is SO much easier with a cutting machine, especially with the Silver Bullet Professional .  I used the double sided Sorbet Duo from Paper Temptress, so it was super easy to create the fun effect of the double colors -  the paper already determined the colors for me!!


Here are the basic lacé cuts - and you can see where I started to do the folding
on the far right.  It is easier if you score at the fold edge to get a tighter fold. 
I did the scoring by hand.


One edge all folded. Love the surprise pop of color you get from the duo paper!



I kept the center of the card front simple just using Penny's diamond shaplie. (Yes any diamond shape would work but I had her files open and wasn't sure what I was going to do until I started playing around!)


Just two simple diamond shapes with the larger center one on pop dots for added dimension.
The flower is from Prima - I just switched out the pearl for a hot pink rhinestone!

And here are all of the pieces put together..  I backed the 5x7" design with the solid color sorbet
and then put it all on the cryogen white for the card base and to pull the white all together.

I love how this turned out. Thanks Penny for a FUN file! Cannot wait to do more!




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment