Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Neighborly Birthday Card!!

My taste-testing, recipe critic neighbor is having a birthday so she needed a special card.  I turned to files from Penny Duncan Creations this time for inspiration and my idea bank was quickly on overload.  I had a vague idea what I wanted to do, but it changed during the process as most of my cards do!!

And then of course, by the time I settled on the idea, I jumped headfirst into it at warp speed and totally forgot to take photos along the way. So you will just have to pretend that there are progress pics!!

I love all kinds of Dutch paper crafting and when I saw one of Penny's files I knew that spirelli (the art of wrapping thread around a shape in a design) would be perfect.  Here is a close up of the spirelli design using metallic thread around  Penny's Pearl Lobe Oval Shaplie.


Look at the detail of that inner circle pearl lobe - that is about 1 1/4" wide! 
The Silver Bullet Professional makes projects like this so easy.


The background is Penny's lattice rectangle cut out of the laser silver luster from Patricia at Paper Temptress. I LOVE that paper.


A closeup of the lattice detailed cuts and  you can see the striations in the paper.







The card base and the spirelli oval are cut from from the Paper Temptress mica line. 
This was a fun card to pull together.

Thanks Penny for the great files AND inspiration!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lo'Vetta




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment