Sunday, October 21, 2018

A Trio of Birthday Cards - Power Poppy inspired!



I seem to be totally hooked on Power Poppy images of late.  These three cards are all thanks to the artistic talent of Marcella Hawley who is the genius behind Power Poppy.  I think I have every one of her images and I am eager to enjoy all of them in time!  These three images were all print and cuts using the SCAL Pro 5 software and the Silver Bullet Platinum that features an awesome camera for doing print and cuts.  It makes what used to be a tedious endeavor a quick and fun project with instant results!

The first card spotlights the "Wildflower Mini" image.  I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color this cute image.  It went to one of my very special friends (I am so blessed to have such amazing and wonderful friends in my life).


The background image is "Branching Out" clear toner sheets
from Deco Foil.  The stamped greeting is from Pretty Pink Posh.
Sequins from 28 Lilac Lane accent the background. And
the jar is covered with Glossy Accents to give it that "wet" look.



The second birthday card features Power Poppy's "Tea Cake with Strawberries" image.  I printed it on watercolor paper and used the Spectrum Noir aqua markers and FineTec watercolors to add color.  I am such a novice at this but I try to improve with each card....


A real paper doily accents this luscious looking cake pedestal.
The greeting is a Gina K Foil Mate and cut with one of her dies and foiled.
The image is embellished with Spectrum Noir shimmer pens and 
a black glitter gel pen.  The berries are coated with
Nuvo Clear Gloss.  The sequins are from 28 Lilac Lane.



And the last card uses Spectrum Noir colour blend pencils to highlight the image of "Irresistible Peonies".  This was for a very special friend who helped me when I first moved back to CA from Arizona and spent a lot of time with me after I lost my father back in 2004.  She was a special angel in my life then, and remains one now.  I love her dearly and am forever grateful for all she did for me.



The background paper is from First Edition and the card base is
Paper Temptress Leather.  The greeting is printed on Brother Label Tape
and the card is adorned with sequins from 28 Lilac Lane.  








Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment