Friday, February 8, 2013

My granddaughters are coming!!!



I am SO excited !  As I write this, my daughter and granddaughters are driving down from Fresno (about six hours away) to spend the weekend with me!!



I have been busy baking cookies and other goodies (stay tuned!) and making Valentine cards for them so we can celebrate early!  They are 12 and 6 and such fun. The oldest one has been wanting to learn latch hook, so I got her a panda bear rug and we will have  lessons this weekend!  Pandas are her favorite thing this week! Actually that love has lasted the past six months – so hopefully she will love the rug. And the youngest will get a smaller sun and rainbow latch hook to do.  Of course they both have to have similar gifts!



For their Valentine cards, I put my Silver Bullet Professional to work cutting a Scrappy Dew file called “Be Mine”.  And I used one of Penny Duncan’s amazing shapelie files for the background.  I thought these bears were so cute, so just accented them in different shades of pink and added dimension with foam tape.



In the closeup, you can see the shining eyes – they are accented with Glossy Accents, and the nose has black Sparkle Fluff to stand out!  The paws and ears are accented with Distress Inks.  And I double cut the paws so they would pop up a little.  




I also used the Stardust pen to accent the letters and bow to give them some sparkle!  I love bling!



My papers of choice are almost always from Paper Temptress – she has the BEST papers  and service!  And it was a perfect pairing with the Scrappy Dew file.





Here are the wrapped gifts with the cards, all ready for the girls to tear them open!!

We are ready for a fun weekend.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment