Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Birthday, Megan!

Even though the card arrived late to celebrate the birthday of my daughter in law, the blog post is even later!  But then as we get older we are supposed to celebrate the whole month, right??  So I am!  That's my excuse, for today, and I am sticking to it!



I have started experimenting a little more in card making, and I recently added an assortment of coloring cards from Anna Griffin to my "collection" of goodies. So I thought this might be a fun way to make Megan's card. I had a supply of glitter gel pens and they needed to be put to good use. So it was a fun plan that just needed to be implemented.

I underestimated how much time it would take to color in this card because you want to work in small areas and let the gel "set" so you don't smear it.  So I tried to work from the inside out and that was pretty effective. 

As I am sure you know, adult coloring books have been the rage for some time and I even have a few (empty of course!), but after making this card and a few others, I totally understand why it has become a "thing" for so many.  It honestly is relaxing and fun and stress reducing. There are no rigid rules and you can just express yourself however the mood takes you.  You can color every single space or you can leave some white space (as I have chosen to do here) to let the other areas shine.



Closeup of the center of the card with added rhinestone embellishments


The "Happy Birthday" was printed on white satin ribbon with the P-Touch Ribbon printer.
It is really fun to design the greetings with premade frames and so many options available.


If you have not ventured into the coloring book arena, I highly recommend it. You don't need expensive tools or special art mediums - anything works from colored pencils to markers of any kind, watercolor paints, gel pens (plain, metallic, glitter and/or neon), or anything else you can dream up.  I would recommend if you are coloring with markers, get a book that only has art on one side and put a sheet of paper on the back side so the color doesn't bleed through to the next image.  You can also find a wide variety of line art or mandalas online for free. I will have some info on that in a future post.  It's a great way to get in touch with that inner child in all of us!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment