Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Another May Birthday!



My daughter celebrated her 30++ birthday the beginning of last week, and her card is actually what got me back into making cards again after such a dry spell.  I have been waiting for her to receive it in the mail, but it seems lost :(  So at least I have this way to share it with her while I still hope that it turns up in her mailbox soon!.

A few months ago, I talked about how sitting down and just jumping in and coloring a stamp is what seemed to break through the lack of creativity I had felt for so long.  Well I knew about halfway through coloring it, that it was going to be part of my daughter's birthday card because it was all about being carefree and flight and beauty.  So I set it aside until it was time to make her card.  It would have been SO much easier if I had chose the patterned papers first before I colored the butterfly - but why should I do anything the easy way!  So I was overjoyed when I actually found colors that would work!


The stamp is from the Sheena Collection from Crafters Companion. 
Her stamps are some of the few I still have that are made from rubber.  
They do stamp beautifully. I scanned the stamped image and then did a print and cut 
with the Silver Bullet.  So much easier than fussy cutting - and so much quicker!
The butterfly was colored with Spectrum Noir markers and highlighted with a Sparkle
pen.  Pearl tipped pins were added for the antennae. And colored pearls were added
to the flowers in the first photo above.  It's simple but so pretty.

I love how this card turned out.  It was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest that used double sided patterned paper and folded it back in an interesting way - a way I had never considered.  I hope to play around more with different ways to present a card and see if that unleashes a little more creativity. And it was such fun to color. Looking forward to more of that as well.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment