Monday, May 30, 2016

Officially a Beach Bum! - Photo Overload!



WELCOME to my new home...

There have been a lot of unexpected surprises that came with moving to the condo - and they weren't all about downsizing.  I don't feel like I am missing space at all and I love that I am using the things that I have.  I no longer feel overwhelmed by "stuff" and that is a great feeling. 

It is a totally different lifestyle here. I am still not used to getting on an elevator to get to the underground parking.  There are only two floors so it's not a long ride - it's just something that feels different from the "norm".  But it is getting more comfortable and familiar with time.

I have grown to love it here - I really do.  There is something totally magical about getting up every morning and looking out at the ocean and actually being able to hear it.  I don't think I will ever tire of that. I can instantly be mesmerized by the waves as they crash along the shore.  I marvel at the surfers waiting every so patiently to catch the perfect wave. It is as if a whole fantasy world unfolds almost at my feet.  Amazing..... I am in awe daily.

But when I pull myself out of the hypnotic spell of the ocean, I see that I have somehow managed to create my own magical space within these walls. So here is a little of the reveal. (Refer to this post to see what a dramatic change occurred). I am going to save the craft room/office for its own post because it deserves to be highlighted.


Living Room... (pictures still need to be hung...)


Living Room sunshine...


Yes you can grow fruit inside... (I hope!)...
dwarf lemon and lime trees


A wide open Kitchen...


Another view of the Kitchen...
from the Living Room...


Storage and sunshine galore...


One of my favorite things....
Corner cupboard storage.....


The corner storage swings and pulls out to gain access
to everything - no lost items stuck in the back!...


Dishes in a pull out drawer - so easy!
Why didn't I know about this decades ago?!?


The Dining Area - counter height chairs and table...


Thriving herbs loving the sunshine and sea air...


All set up for grilling on the deck (it is the best!)...
More posts featuring this grill to follow...


Well, that's a quick overview of the remodel of the main areas.  Office/Craft Room to follow soon. Thanks for joining me on this journey and being patient with my long absence. 







Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment