Sunday, May 15, 2016

From Pandemonium to Panic to Paradise... A Restrospective Look..

A lot of time has passed since my last post..... so bringing you up to date with a bit of a journal...

November 17, 2015...

Well....... I did it!  I moved TWELVE  days ago.  There is still a small amount of construction going on so the unpacking has been challenging. I  FINALLY worked on the kitchen the end of last week and the bedroom is almost done; the office is about 3/4 there.  I hoped to have it done by now, but some things need to be redone (electrical issues) so it will have to wait to be finished.  But I can see the possibilities!

So here is a sneak peek of moving day -  I have moved from the pandemonium/panic stage, to beginning to see the potential of paradise! :)  So close....  Will have "finished product" pics in a couple of weeks.  I won't be online for a bit, but I promise great pics when I am back. In the meantime.....***

***and that is where I left off....with EVERY intention of posting this to let you know I would be away for a bit but back soon.  Ahhhh - best laid plans.  I had a surgery scheduled for November 18 and the plan was that I would be home in two weeks.  Little did I know that the next THREE months of my life would be spent within the hospital walls.  Yes...three...LONG...difficult...boring at times...frightening at others...months.


View from the entry!


Oh where oh where did the living room go???


         The kitchen being shared with construction crew.  Note no countertop in yet.
         And the blue tape is to open the drawers - waiting for handle installation.


Not the best lighting, but this is a partial view of the office/craft room.  It had wall to wall boxes with overflow going into the hallway!

Feb. 3, 2016

I finally arrived at my "NEW" home the first weekend in February.  I felt like a stranger - totally ungrounded and totally lost!  It was the strangest feeling.  Yes I had lived here for a mere 12 days back in November, and  was so busy during that time trying to unpack from the move, that I never really bonded with my new beach abode.  So three months after the move, I felt totally off balance - physically and emotionally.  There were still boxes to unpack, rooms to organize, and so much to do...and I was overwhelmed.  But thanks to family and friends who gave incredible support on all levels, I somehow progressed through the past three months and made it to this point!  REJOICE!!!

May 15, 2016

So here we are..... six months later...  I have done very little cooking (at least not much that is worth sharing!) and absolutely NO card making.  I just cannot seem to get my creativity back.  It's frustrating as I have designed a wonderful space here at the beach - and it all sits neglected.  I am hoping that the desire returns soon. (and I downsized over 50% of my craft supplies, but it looks like more here because things are spread out and I can see them. What a concept!

I am really going to try to get back to posting and doing the things that I love again. Bear with me please.

In the meantime, I will be catching up on posting the results of the condo remodel.  The end result was worth the wait and all of the frustration that seems to go hand in hand with construction.  It is honestly everything I hoped it would be... and more!  I LOVE IT! 




Just a little tease of the beautiful unretouched view.... finished interior coming soon!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment