Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy First Valentine's Day, Carter!




This just popped up on my phone.  What a way to begin the day!!
Carter is 12 days old today!


I have to start this  post with an apology. I have a DEAR friend (who I hope will remain a dear friend after she reads this!) whose birthday is also today.  I had limited time this week - and didn't plan ahead well enough. :( So....... when I realized I had to make two cards this week and only had time to make one.......well new grandson Carter won out.  So my friend's birthday card will be fashionably late, but full of love nonetheless......  I hope she forgives me.

I had the great fortune today to deliver this Valentine card in person yesterday and bring him a special Valentine outfit (see above photo!) for his first "heart" day. (and you are right - every day is "heart" day when there is a baby involved...)  I spent a good part of the day with them and held him in between feedings and was truly in seventh heaven.  I am totally smitten with this little guy. He has stolen my heart, and it is quite clear that he has stolen the hearts of his Mom and Dad as well, and everyone who meets him. What a love bug!!


This is the cute Valentine Monkey from Miss Kate's Cuttables. 
Papers are mainly from Paper Temptress .


Also from Miss Kate's Cuttables


For his special card, I went back to the animal theme of the nursery and used the cute monkey from Miss Kate's Cuttables. I love her files and these animals are just TOO adorable.  A lot of her images have multiple layers, but they are fun and quite easy to put together. This one was no different.


Not the best photo - having a shadow problem for some reason!


This card is Mom and Dad approved. And hopefully one day it will bring Carter a smile as well.


Happy Valentine's Day.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment