Monday, February 23, 2015

A Special Sympathy Card




I love making cards, but this is one "occasion" that I do struggle with the card. There are always emotions interfering with any creative process that may be trying to develop.  I want the card to speak to the family or individual.  I want them to know that I care. But how do you put all of that into the construction of a card?

I don't have the answer to that, but I try to do the best that I can.  This was a tough card to make. A friend had lost her grown daughter. The circle of life is just not supposed to work that way :(  So I what bring me solace and peace - the beauty of nature.  I found a stained glass patter in one of the Dover Art clip art books I have and turned it into a cuttable design. Dover Art has many books with royalty free clip art that really helps when you are looking for the perfect inspiration.

The papers are once again from Paper Temptress with a touch of silver vinyl for the accents on the wings of the dove.  Some of those cut lines are very fine and the Silver Bullet did an awesome job as always.


The cut vinyl


The detail of the remaining cut

I hope this card brings the family a little peace and solace and reminds them that they have a community of friends who care.......



I cut the whole design out of white card stock so I would have a "template" in order to place 
the pieces in the right spot.  It made the placement so much easier!


Details of the embossing...


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment