Friday, February 28, 2014

Dutch Papercrafting Revisited - a Lacé card


The past few months have not only drained my energy, but I have been wanting to find the desire to make cards or bake and that was as far as I got - my thinking about it was not producing any tangible results! I poured over cards posted on Pinterest, looked at my favorite blogs, looked through my COLLECTION of card making books..... nothing sparked an idea.  So once again I went back to my first card making efforts - Dutch papercrafting.  And the ideas started.  I knew Penny Duncan  (Thank you , Penny! had created some cutline designs  also known as lacé so I used her arch design to make a card for a friend recovering from surgery.  She just returned home, in record time, so I am glad the inspiration surfaced.

The printed paper is from my stash and it is double sided so that made the folding easy.  The solid colors are all from Paper Temptress of course - Neenah green, and bubble gum and banana split from the Pop Tones collection.  Her papers always make my projects look pulled together.  The sentiment is from the Cats Meow (line discontinued) and the pearls are from Kaisercraft.  Both the lacé file and the tag were cut on the Silver Bullet Professional.  If you have not tried cutline or lacé designs, well you just have to!  They are such fun and there are a wide variety of shapes that lend themselves to every type of card.  So give it a try!

I apologize for the camera settings. They were clearly off when I took the pictures and didnt catch it til I went to edit the photos.  Unfortunately the next few posts will be "off", but will work at getting them better going forward........  Oops!



The process of cutting and beginning to fold.  Instant gratification! 



The design with the backing contrast color...


Voila!!  So simple... 


The end result


The finished card






Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment