Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Mother's Day Muffins!



Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod




Ingredients:
12 large or 18 mini Authentic Gourmet Croissants (from QVC)
1 1/2 cup coconut milk (or almond or regular milk)
1 cup International Delight Cinnabon creamer
6 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1  Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 Tsp. ground cinnamon

Waiting for the topping...

Streusel Topping:

1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup (minus 1 Tbsp.) brown sugar
1 Tbsp, maple sugar
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Streusel Topping for Muffins

Ready for the oven!


This recipe ended up being my Mother's Day gift to me!!!  I made them the night before, which I highly recommend, and baked them the next morning.  They baked just like a strata, raising a good 1/2" higher than the muffin pan and then settling back down after 5 minutes of cooling.  They were incredibly moist, flavorful and just plain yummy!!  There are so many ways to serve them.  A little powdered sugar on top is a simple addition.  Even though you certainly can serve them with butter and maple syrup, I found they only needed a drizzle of maple syrup for the perfect French Toast flavor as the croissants were bursting with butter!  And even a simple glaze, vanilla, maple or cinnamon, would be wonderful and definitely elevate them to a supreme richness. I really liked the simplicity of the maple syrup - not to mention the ease of cooking. It's a great way to satisfy a French toast craving without having to stand over a hot griddle.  These are going to be a staple for all sorts of occasions - including when I just want to feel pampered!
(and an added bonus is they reheat beautifully in the microwave too....if you are lucky to have any leftovers!)



With a bit of maple syrup......... YUMMMMMM!!!

Pin It Now!

About Me

My photo

I am a mother to three and Grammy to two beautiful granddaughters and one very handsome little grandson.  Was born and raised in southern California and am happy to call it home.  I fill my days with volunteer work, paper crafting, needlework of all kinds and cooking and baking.   I am blessed with wonderful family and friends who fill my heart on a daily basis.