Tuesday, June 25, 2019

INTRODUCING... A Baby Card....and....a....???

So about a week ago I got a call that my new grandchild was about to enter the world - finally!  It was morning and I knew there was some time before I would be heading to the hospital - so I had time to make a card.  That's what every self-respecting crafter things of first - right?!?  But I didn't know if they were going to have a boy or a girl so what could I do?  Easy - make two different card fronts, of course!!

I don't know why I waited until the last minute to think about this, but it certainly forced me into a creative zone whether or not I wanted to be there!!  I just knew I could not arrive at the hospital without a card for this wonderful occasion.  Nothing like putting pressure on myself!

So I created these components


File is from Lori Whitlock - cut on the Silver Bullet Platinum

And put them together into these two cards:


 Crazy, right?  But I was prepared and ready for anything when we entered the doors of the hospital that night.  I had printed out the inside and had it with me, tape and all!  So once I knew the baby was here, the card was finished and delivered in person!!

IT'S A BOY!

Welcome precious little bundle, Graycen Robert (Graycen spelled that way means gift from God and that he is).  Robert was my father's name and is also the name of my youngest (after Dad).  It is also Megan's Dad's middle name - so the families are well represented! :)

So happy for Scott and Megan and Carter. Congratulations!



Barely an hour old


About 5 days old


Big Brother Carter with his little bro!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment