Saturday, September 23, 2017

Foiled Flowers - Part 1

The first card I would like to share uses a digi image from Power Poppy.  I love the intricacy and beauty of her drawings and wish I had 1/10th of her artistic talent.  But at least I can enjoy what she creates and share it with others.

This card was a process, but it was a reminder to me that sometimes you just have to stick with something until you get it right!  I decided I wanted to foil this image and originally printed it on colored card stock.  But no matter how I tried to frame it after it was foiled, the colors in the foil just washed out.  A lesson learned - a white background can be the best way to highlight a design as it doesn't interfere with it! So once I printed it on the white card stock and foiled the image, it was much better, but the lines were so thin it was a struggle to see the color variations in the foil.

I was ready to give up, but then remembered that I had the DecoFoil glue.  So I traced the already foiled image with the glue.  The tip was super fine and it was much easier to do than I thought it would be. It was really a dream to use.   I waited for it to get tacky and then reapplied the foil.  SUCCESS!  I had the result I wanted - and I was delighted. The photos just don't do it justice.                                                                                                           


This digi image is Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher from Power Poppy!


Trying to highlight the many colors in the foil and the dimension.
It is so pretty in person.


Although this was the finished card, it was difficult to get the right angle to capture the foiling.
But you can certainly see what a beautiful image this is!
See the photo below to catch a better view of the variegated foil.





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment