Sunday, March 24, 2019

Floral Get Well - Power Poppy

I have been trying to embrace working more with digi images (aka digi stamps) and everytime I do - I just love them.  Two of my absolute FAVORITE COMPANIES are Power Poppy and Graciellie Design..  Be sure to check them out if you love beautiful floral and inspiring images.




This card uses a Power Poppy "freebie" - Kindness is the Way.  I used the image for the background which I printed on a mono laser printer and foiled in Deco Foil, and then cut out one of the floral images with the Silver Bullet Platinum and colored with pencils.  There are a lot of different products used on this card and I am so happy with the end result.

The sentiment uses a FoilStamp from Crafters Companion and is foiled on vellum.  I love foiling and use the FoilPress from Crafters Companion, laminating foil from Thermoweb, and the new WRMK foil quilling pen all used on this card (!) - I love foil!


It is hard to capture the beauty of foil, but I tried. You can see
the background images showing through in a subtle way.

I am still working hard at my coloring skills and I admit I have a long way to go, but it's all a journey - right?  The beautiful image is from Power Poppy and I used the print and cut through SCAL along with the Silver Bullet Platinum machine.  It cuts with such accuracy and I marvel at the flexibility it gives me.  I cut out the image after it is printed and then I color it just to be sure I don't wait to cut out a colored image and then do something careless and not get a good cut.  If that happens, it is user error and not the machine so I want to be sure I give myself the best chance for success!!


Cut out perfectly with the Silver Bullet Platinum
and colored with Spectrum Noir Pencils.


Still on the mat using the regular tip of the WRMK foil quilling pen
and champagne foil. This was done with the Silver Bullet Platinum
and as you can see, worked perfectly and beautifully.


Removed from the mat so you can see more detail but
it doesn't show the foil sheen as well.


Tried to angle this so some of the background foiling would show.
This is using the Thermoweb Amber Watercolour to give
a lovely array of colors.  I wish you could see it in person.

If you have not discovered digi stamps yet, I highly encourage you to give them a try - there are so many options.  And it is just so much fun to pretend to be an artist when I clearly am not!  But all of these amazing artists make us all strive to be more creative and I am grateful.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment