Sunday, June 3, 2018

Granddaughter's Graduation Card (how could that be??!!??)





This week my granddaughter, Kendra, graduated from high school.  I can still SO vividly remember the day she was born and holding her in the hospital when she was just hours old.  Where in the world has all of the time gone?

Kendra graduated "young" at 17, but she is ready to conquer the world. I love talking with her about what she wants to do and how excited she is about college.  I hope she will never be TOO busy to stop sharing some of her experiences with me. And now that she has her driver's license, I am hoping with all of my heart that she will be able to drive down here during the summer and spend a week with me at the beach. We would have so much fun!  I can dream........... :)

I wanted her graduation card to be different than the run of the mill graduation cards and I hope I achieved that. I think it is one of my favorite cards for sure!


I love the saying - it is from the Flutterby collection from
Crafter's Companion

I made a rounded mat and centered the butterfly on the mat and cut out just the inside. Then I cut the full butterfly out of incandescent card stock in black to use as an outline when I was done.  I put a piece of  contact paper (double sided adhesive works well too) behind the cut out butterfly and glittered each portion using a straw so I could pick up a small amount of glitter at a time. 



Congratulations, Kendra. I am so proud of you!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment