Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Happy Easter Cards!

It was fun this past week to make a variety of Eater cards for grandchildren and friends.  I relied heavily on the designs from Miss Kate's Cuttables because they are great for "children" of all ages.

First up - cards for the granddaughters...


The designs are Fancy Easter Eggs from Miss Kate's Cuttables The solid card stock is PaperTemptress Mica that was run through an polka dot embossing folder.  Then I added sparkle pen to the dots in a diagonal pattern (in both cards)  I framed the sides of the cards with washi tape which was really fun.  I don't use it enough and it gives such a finished look.



You can see the sparkled dots a little better in the side by side.
And the adhesive pearls on the flowers added a nice little touch.


Then there is Carter - this was his first "real" Easter where he could actually have fun looking for eggs!



This card has a lot of dimension - I love that bunny face and added whiskers just because!  I love all of the bright spring colors.  The polka dot "o" egg (that makes up "Hoppy")
has dots colored over with a sparkle pen.


Not the traditional Easter basket, but he loves cars and trucks, so it was perfect. It was filled with bubble tubes, sidewalk chalk, an Easter book, a "sock bunny" and a few plastic eggs with little Rice Krispie treats inside!


My neighbors have a grandson who is 6 months younger than Carter, and they asked if I would make an Easter card for him.  Of course I was happy to do that!


These designs are from Miss Kate's Cuttables.  I added the "Happy 2nd" greeting and then used Glossy Accents  on the eyes to make them shine and Crackle Accents on the eggs to make the shells shiny and a little cracked!  This was fun and made in the early hours of Easter morning!



I had to include a photo of the carrot tops, cut with the regular blade and share the detail of
these pieces as it still blows me away when the machine can so easily produce such intricate cuts.

And I wanted to make a special card for my neighbors who are so good to me in so many ways.  This was incredibly difficult to photograph since the foil is so reflective, but I tried to get many angles to give you an idea. In person, it is really beautiful.  I plan to do a lot more foiling - the results are just too stunning not to do more of it!


The "Joyful Lilies" on the cross were printed on PT Neenah card stock
on a laser printer. (you need the toner for foil to adhere when it is laminated.)


This is gold spectre foil so it appears holographic as it catches the light. 
The sentiment is from Verve Stamps and was embossed with gold powder.


You can really see the colors in this photo.  It was stunning.


Tried to catch just the gold, but it almost doesn't look foiled in this picture.


I hope everyone had a happy and BLESSED Easter........




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment