Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine Fun!

I hope everyone is feeling loved and special, especially today.

The best part about today, for me, is reminding my grandchildren that they are loved.  And making cards for them is a fun way to do that.

I relied on the images from Miss Kate's Cuttables again to create their Valentine cards.

First of all, Carter is totally into trucks - ALL BIG TRUCKS and the noisier the better. He loves trash trucks and dump trucks and bulldozers - well you get the idea.  So when I saw this file I knew it was what I had to make for him.  I hope he likes it!


This is the cute little "digger". I have glossy accents on the
deeper yellow to make it shine and colored little rocks
being picked up.  So much fun to make!


Here is a side view so you can see some of the dimension and shine.


And the final product - I love it!

As for the girls in northern CA, I am really feeling their age gap now when I make cards for them. I used to be able to make similar cards, but now with Kendra (16) and Haley (10), I cannot get away with two too cutesy cards!!  I need to be a little more grown up with the teenager; at least I think I do!

So Kendra's card is feminine and bright and a tad simpler. 


I love all of the dimension and sparkle in this one. I hope it makes it through the mail in one piece!!


I have just recently started adding sequins to cards. They are fun to play with and add a nice touch!

Haley's card is still cute and a bit more playful.  I don't know how many more years I can get away with that!

This little bee has double wings with a layer of vellum over them.
He is really cute in person!


I thought the marbled vellum over the hot pink gave this a bit of a fantasy look and added
to the floating format.

I hope all three of them have a GREAT day!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment