Sunday, February 12, 2017

February 2017 - Carter is TWO!

Where oh where did January go?  The new year has barely begun and I am already a month behind!  Yikes!

I had the best of intentions and I blew it.  January came and went and so many things that I had planned/wanted to do just didn't happen.  I am not going to let myself label that a failure, which is progress for me!  Sometimes life just doesn't go the way you plan.  So you regroup and start anew. And that is what I am doing. It's a new year - a month late!

Happy February! I have been busy baking and card making and m eager to start sharing again. 

First up is the card I made for my rapidly growing grandson, Carter.  He is SUCH a delight and is full of the joy and inquisitiveness (and boundless energy) that are typical of two year olds.  He brings such joy into all of our lives.

His birthday was actually the beginning of the month, but I am playing catch up for a while. Forgive me.

So here is his birthday morning!  I think it is the perfect way to start a birthday - I would just add a nice LARGE cup of coffee (and would definitely stay in my pjs!!)

For his card I used a cake design from Miss Kate's Cuttables to celebrate this second birthday.


I ran the frosting layers through embossing folders to
give them a little interest and added colored brads to
the dotted sprinkles for dimension and interest.



This little greeting was all done on the Silver Bullet.  I used the pen tool with
Staedler fineliner pens (love them) to "write" the message and then
cut the little banner greeting out - all on the machine. Fun and easy!



I got this stamp years ago to put on the back of the cards
that I made my granddaughters.  Now Carter gets it on his cards
too.  I stamped this on a sheet of 2" square labels so I
have them all ready to go!


The only way to start a birthday!






HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY DEAR CARTER! 










Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment