Sunday, July 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Neighbor!



A very special lady in the neighborhood has a birthday today.  She has the most beautiful yard around because that is her love - flowers, plants, vegetables - you name it, she can grow it.  And she is really a master - she isn't just successful at it, but she understands why it does well or what needs to change in order to improve the results. She is amazing and her backyard always reminds me of the most enticing, welcoming park with the birds always singing and the butterflies fluttering among the greenery.....

Design from Dover Clip Art - converted to cut file
Paper is Paper Temptress Mica

We both love orchids, so I added to her "collection" both in the simple gift and in the card I made.  I used an image from Dover royalty tree Floral Stencil Designs and turned that into a cut file -  so easy.  The background is another Brusho experiment using the yellow ochre and sea glass.  The more I play with the Brusho colors the more fun it is but will try not to overdo it!

The stamp is from Hero Arts and I used my MISTI to double stamp to get the best color intensity from the ink.  Absolutely LOVE the MISTI - it's getting me to use my stamps again!

Sea glass and yellow ochre Brusho colors on watercolor paper



Closeup of the design and pearl embellishments.  Simple but effective, I think.



Happy Birthday, Lo'Vetta!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment