Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cinnamon Zucchini Bread with extras

Still working on the zucchini overflow in my refrigerator.  I still have two huge (and I do mean HUGE) zucchini) and noticed that my plant is beginning to blossom again - so in another week or two I will have more if they all make it!!

I am not sure how much more zucchini bread, cake, muffins, etc. I can make, but I will keep trying to come up with new things to keep everyone interested.  My friend, Nance, sent me a recipe for a Chocolate Zucchini Bundt cake that has a chocolate ganache glaze, so that will be a definite make soon!

I made this bread last week and it was FABULOUS.  This , so far, is one of my favorite zucchini breads. I love anything with cinnamon - I think it takes me back to my childhood with cinnamon-sugar toast!! :)  YUM!  So in addition to the cinnamon IN this bread, I put a nice coating of cinnamon sugar over the top and let it bake in.  That made it pretty perfect!!  That is one step you need to be sure to remember!!





Zucchini Cinnamon Bread

adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More

1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1/3 c. canola oil
1 1/2 c. zucchini, shredded
1/2 c. toffee bits
3/4 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil.  Add the egg mixture and the shredded zucchini into the flour mixture.  Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir together until the ingredients are well mixed and moist.  Fold in the bittersweet dark chocolate chips and toffee bits.

Pour the batter into a loaf pan, coated with a non stick spray.  Bake at 350 for one hour or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack and remove from the pan after 20 minutes of cooling.


A good shot of that luscious cinnamon sugar crust!


Another yummy view...


You can easily see the generous sprinkling of of the dark chocolate chips.  So good....



And yes, this was good to the last bite!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment