Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Quilted Birthday Greetings...

The second card this week was a bit of a surprise, an embarrassing one for me to admit.  I have long been a fan of Technique Junkies and have all of the yearly cds along with the specialty ones that Pat Huntoon has produced.  But have I used any of them??  Nope... I go through the paper copy of the newsletter when it comes, but I rarely go back when I need ideas.  So on a fluke I put in her latest cd called Designer Paper Perfection and wow.....so many great ideas for making fun backgrounds with a variety of mediums. I was in awe of the creativity and then.. there it was..... the idea for my next card.  It is a quilting background and the birthday card I need to make is for a dear friend who loves to make quilts.  It was the perfect answer.

So.....for this one I used two complementary designs from Echo Park papers. The card base is linen from Paper Temptress that I embossed with Petite Dots from Embossalicious.  The quilt pieces were also embossed to make them look more like material with the Gun Metal folder, also from Embossalicious.  The quilt pattern is achieved by using a combination of circles and squares - so simple really,but it has made me want to look for more quilting patterns and see how many I can adapt to cards because this was really fun - and relatively easy too!  I love the added dimension of the embossing folders.



Look at the shimmer of the lunar blue card stock from Paper Temptress. It is so pretty.


Embossing the card base is something I rarely do, but I love the added texture.


So happy with the finished product - a fun quilt, no sewing required. 
I know I will be making more of these!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment