Saturday, May 11, 2019

Happy Mother's Day

It wasn't until I became a mother that I fully realized what an incredibly taxing and rewarding job it was - and that every day should really be Mother's Day - right?!?  There is no job that requires you to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ... no breaks!!!  Crazy!  But..... the pay is not measured in dollars and cents but in  the countless rewards of enjoying each milestone in your child's life and feeling your heart swell when they look at you with love and delight.  The only thing better than being a Mom, is being a Grandma! :)

But today, the focus is on my Daughter in Love who is expecting their second child in about 6 more weeks..... that is coming up so fast!  I had so much fun making this card for her and was my first time doing anything like this.  My fingers may have been glued together when all was done, but the end result was worth it.

I normally do not make 3D paper creations.  I am in awe of the multi-dimensional structures that so many create and love the results.  I was just never sure I had the patience for it.  But this project seemed like a good place to start to get over my reluctance to try something new - and I am so glad I did!

I learned a lot with this first project, but we all have to start somewhere and I am eager to try another project like this soon.


This daisy zig zag card is from 3D Cuts. The centers of the daisies are cut out of a paper velvet to add some interesting texture.  All of the card stock is from Paper Temptress.
It would be fun to use this basic file and create some other flower "tops."
I will undoubtedly leave that to those who have the talent to design
and I will happily benefit from their talents and make more cards!



This is how the card looks folded and ready to be inserted
into an envelope.  It folds pretty flat and is so neat.


I enlarged the card tag that was part of the file so I had room
for a larger greeting.  I flipped up some of the petals to give the daisy a more
dimensional look.  And the white background paper is covered in
translucent yellow Nuvo Drops. They look really shiny in person.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment