Thursday, September 29, 2016

And the Cards Keep Coming!

This was a week of two quick and relatively simple cards and one that took a bit more time, but a comfort technique for me.  So with two birthday cards and one "thinking of you" card needed, this is what I came up with.

I love this design from Mamaw's Legacy (she no longer sells her files, but they are loved by those of us who followed her).  My neighbor's birthday is exactly one month after mine and he loves boating and the ocean, so this seemed perfect for him.  As I said, it's relatively simple, but was just right for him. 



His wife had some personal hurdles the past week so I wanted to let her know I was thinking about her.  This card was all about being bright and cheer.


The background paper has rows of glitter that makes it fun. The originally
white flowers were painted with Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. (the color saturation is rich).
The little tag was cut out on the Silver Bullet then stamped with "Hi".
The colors made me happy.

And finally, a birthday card for a dear friend who is a real artist. I am always intimidated when I make something for her, so I returned to one of the first techniques I learned in Dutch paper crafting - iris folding. I love picking out the colors that will complement the design.


The iris folding piece ready for its place on the card.


This is the back side of iris folding.  The paper pattern is underneath,
so it's just a matter of  choosing the color, folding then, and taping them in place.


A side view to show the dimension.  The square is attached
with foam tape to let it stand out and be the focal point.
I wanted to incorporate some fall colors too, even though
the weather here is definitely not fall...yet!


Here is another view of the completed card.
There is holographic foil in the center.

I hope to do more card embroidery, paper pricking (ornare) and dry embossing on parchment especially for holiday cards. It can be so elegant. I want to work on my quilling too - have really let that go - so we will see what I can manage to produce. Lots of ideas in my head.  And I plan to work with more pen drawings on the Silver Bullet. I love how easily I can write and draw whatever I need, so look for new ideas from the Silver Bullet and the FoilMaster. I am so excited that all sorts of fun ideas are popping into my head.  I am going to push myself into new areas so hopefully I can inspire some of you to stretch your wings as well and join me! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment