Monday, May 4, 2015

Birthday Cake Celebration!

You thought this was going to be a food post, didn't you?!?  Surprise!  No food here - not this time.  But there is birthday cake, made from beautiful colors of paper from Paper Temptress. :)




My youngest granddaughter is 9 today.

File is the Birthday Cake from Miss Kate's Cuttables. I cut out extra candles and stars to get" nine" on the cake, plus added the number "9" for one of the stars at the top of the cake to set off her ninth birthday!
It is a lot of detail cut and it all went beautifully thanks to the Silver Bullet Professional.



You can see how detailed the cuts on the candles are. Two of the layers were run through an embossing machine to get the swirled look.


I wish I could bake a cake that looked like this!


"Haley" is cut out of vinyl to help personalize it more.  Really happy with how it came out and hope she loves it too...


The vinyl cut beautifully and I really like that font.

This was a really fun card/cake to make and there are many things you can do with the design of the cake. I used all of the layers, but you could certainly simplify it, which is one of the things I love about making my own cards. There are so many ways to personalize it with "your special touch".




A side view to see the image attached to the card with foam dots.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HALEY!!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment