Saturday, January 24, 2015

Homemade "A Little of Everything" Pizza

So far this year,  I have clearly on a bread kick, be it loaf or crust. (stay tuned for more varieties of the no knead crust bread to come).  I had gone to the store to get a different variety of toppings for an "everything" pizza to fulfill a request.  :)  I am not a huge pepperoni fan ( I know - borderline shameless) but I acquiesced and got some turkey pepperoni along with new Italian salami (new to me), mild Italian sausage, mushrooms, red onion, a variety of colored peppers (mild) and fresh mozzarella cheese - that makes such a difference when you have a chance to grab some.

I haven't made pizza dough in ages so am clearly out of practice. The last time I made some I used my bread machine to do the kneading. This time I did it the old fashioned way and that was fun - and equally delicious. I had forgotten how gratifying it is to work with dough.  The crust was a bit thicker than I like, but it was still delicious.



I will admit that this pizza was a bit "ingredient variety heavy,but because I didn't put a lot of everything on, it didn't taste like too much. The flavor was fabulous. And pizza is very forgiving - lucky for me.  It is hard to mess it up!

Hope this will inspire you to create your own soon. It's an easy treat for a cold winter's night....

This is the pizza -  it's in stages of creation starting in the lower left:
homemade sauce and parmesan cheese, sopressata (a new salami to me and delicious!), tri-colored pepper slices, red onion slivers and mushrooms, turkey pepperoni, fresh mozzarella (YUM!) and cooked mild Italian sausage.  And then of course the end result.  Are you hungry yet??
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment