Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Happy Anniversary Scott and Megan!




Where does the time go?  It doesn't seem possible that my oldest son and his wife have now been married THREE years and are expecting their first baby in a few more months.  Life is just flying by too darn fast!

The card I decided to make them started out one way in my head and had quite a few adjustments along the way. The pattern is beautiful and intricate and is the work of Mary (Sophisticutz).  She has a variety of card patterns on the Thyme Graphics website.


I have never done a folded card like this so once it was made, I was not sure how to add a message.  So rather than create more work, I simply turned the card  into an embellishment and made a larger card!  I wasn't sure if it would lay correctly, but the right amount of foam tape made it all fit together!



The beautiful red cardstock used as the base is the incandescent line from Paper Temptress. The white lattice mini card is cut from the laser luster and then I just added a greeting at the bottom, all cut from the Silver Bullet Professional. The letters are very thin and the machine cut each of them out perfectly from text weight paper. I love being able to cut what I want and not have to rely on dies for whatever I need.

Hope the kids have a wonderful anniversary........  next year they will be sharing it with a precious little one!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment